Pages

Jun 15, 2011

When Creativity Sparks......

The world should stop expecting me to do things. Like my day job. I'm currently trying to write while working and it is seriously impacting my flow. Things like emails, text messages, the urge to play Guild Wars and requests for posts on the RPG are things I can generally handle in groups of two or three as my writing flows but even I, the epic multi-tasker, am having issues with all of these things hit me at once. I don't want to work, I want to write. I want the freedom to let the words flow from my fingertips through the keyboard, to be edited later, and when I need to... stare blankly at my storyboard and wait for that moment of inspiration.

But alas, I do not have a choice. The day job must be done and I have to fit the real world somewhere in my writing. Problem is that the real world has been silencing the creativity and I can't allow that to continue... not if I want to see this project finished.

Between days like these and days where I have all the time in the world but no gumption to write at all, isn't there some sort of happy medium?

No comments:

Post a Comment